Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Showshoe Fiasco

These past 2 posts were originally entered on another blog site in winter 2006. I am copying them here to get me started. Hope you don't mind the "old" news.


So... a bit of time has passed and I think I am now ready to make another little entry in this here "blog". 2 major things have happened since my last entry.

1) I moved. Yay! I am very much enjoying living above-ground after spending 18 months living under-ground. I now wake up to sunlight streaming through the sliding door windowns which lead from my bedroom to my balcony. Oh yes. Pure bliss. As long as my downstairs neighbour takes a break between doobies to let the building breathe in some fresh air.


2) I snowshoed. Say what? Yes, I strapped 2 large beaver-tail shaped pieces of wood to my feet and hopped around the snowed-in forest. So much fun!! Unfortunately, I took them off mid-hike to walk a non-snowy section and upon coming to a very snowy downward climb, just kept going and wound up with my entire right leg encased in a snowbank, up to my hip. My foot had broken through the snow, over a creek, and had plunged down to embed itself in the creekbed. So when Chris pulled me up and out, my boot stayed down under.




So, I'm settled in from #1 and all dried-out from #2. Spring is teasing us. I'm enjoying the sunshine and blue sky today.

No comments: