Friday, June 15, 2007

future shop, a.k.a. the black hole

What do I have to say on this sunny friday afternoon? A big fat OOPS, that's what!!

I just dropped a whack of cash on a new computer, somewhat unexpectedly. I've been thinking about upgrading because I've managed to beat the crap out of my current computer. But I haven't been seriously shopping around for anything. Then my boss (a computer savvy type) called me yesterday and mentioned he'd seen a laptop with windows xp on it for 479. Since I was right near that store today (in Markham) I decided to stop in and have a look see. Thought I might buy, but wasn't set on it. Well, I got here (yes, I'm typing this as I sit in the big cushy future shop chair watching their gi-normous tv waiting waiting waiting for him to finish working on the one I bought) and the guy said they sold that cheap one, and that it was an old model anyway. So, of course, he showed me some current models and the update is...I bought one. I have 14 days to return it in case someone tells me that what I bought is really awful. Anyway, I think they are almost ready for me now so I will sign off and add more details later!!

No comments: