Friday, June 01, 2007

being nice actually works.....sometimes

So this is my first attempt at blogging by blackberry (bbb).So far, so good.

I just had a great experience at Fairweathers and thought I should tell the world about it. I found a great pair of pants on the 19 dollar rack, so decide to get 2 different colours (sexy red and boring beige). Noticed that the price tags said 28, so wondered if they were really on sale. Took them to the counter to pay, and commented to the saleschick that I was being rather daring in purchasing red pants -- but slyly mentioned that I couldn't resist since they were on sale. She raised her eyebrow and said she didn't think so. She went back to check the rack, and then called her co-saleschick (who appeared to have some seniority) over for advice. Saleschick number 2 proceeded to look in the master book and confirmed that indeed, the pants were not sale. I thought about it and said, well, I'm not sure I can afford to buy both pairs at full price, but as long as I can bring a pair back if I change my mind, then I'll pay for both now and think about it. Saleschick number 2 then furrowed her brow and said out loud that it was false advertising to which I replied, well, don't worry...I'm not going to make a stink about it. I guess that was my golden ticket because she then decided to give them to me at the "sale" price. Wahoo!!! So cheers to Fairweather. I already loved you, but now you've got a friend for life! And for those readers who see me wearing my new sexy red pants, you'll know the story of how they came to be mine!

PS. Just for Rhonda, here's a pic. They may not look that sexy in this photo because I grabbed them out of the laundry basket just prior to this photo! Ha ha ha. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

show us the sexy red pants!!!

klompengirl said...

your wish is my command...