Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Third day of vacation

Well, for someone who had no specific plans on how to spend her holiday, I've been keeping pretty busy! Today was a beautiful day, a bit windy this morning, and a cooler temperature, but blue skies and sunshine. I went off in search of a book binder to repair an old Dutch-English Bible that belonged to my grandfather (Paake) and was passed down to my dad (this is a secret project I'm working on so don't tell my dad). I found Don Taylor Book Binder at John and Queen. Had quite an adventure getting up to the 5th floor though - it was a really old building beside Urbane Cyclist. My favourite part was the tiny (maximum 2 people) elevator with an old-fashioned gate. Very rickety. Very fun. Anyway, I survived that errand and then went on up through Kensington Market, hoping to check out Left Feet - a vegan shoe and belt store. They were closed. I ventured a guess that perhaps someone needed a break to smoke a doobie? Continued from there up into the Annex and over to Little Korea to stop in at Mark and Danielle's house. I needed to borrow some computer contraband.... Then a quick stop at Kensington Kitchen to pick up some amazing takeout chickpea and lentil soup. And over to Crystal's Craven Castle to enjoy said soup with her who was feeling lousy today. Hope the protein helped you out Penner! I also took a moment to plant a cutting of my dad's lilac tree in Crystal's backyard. No rest for the weary! On the way home I stopped at my favourite Pulp Kitchen for a juice and cookies to go, and stopped in the nearby park to read, enjoy my snack, and bask in the sunshine. Then home to play around with aforementioned computer contraband, as well as figuring out how to make my email work. Success all around, but not without some good old fashioned swear words here and there!! All in all, a great third day of vacation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the soup! It was awesome...and I survived the flight to Lima...must have been the protein!